Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Arise and Shine


The way we get up in the morning sets the tone for our entire day. I can remember many mornings when I knew the day was going to be one filled with stress and I would lay in bed as long as I could dreading the moment of putting my feet on the floor for the start of the day. After coming through stressful times in my life and learning to lean onto God I am now more prepared and joyful about starting each morning. When you get up in the morning get alone with God for a few minutes, think of your days plans and hand them over to him. So many of us start our day anxious, rushed, fearful or hurried . We don't have to, commit your day to God and be joyful :)


Psalm 90:14

"Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for you and be glad all our days"


When you're stressed out you lose your joy, and when you lose your joy you lose your strength because " the joy of the Lord is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10


1 comment:

  1. Well let me tell you I was stressed out yesterday and I should have put my plans for the day in God's hands (or Goddess) because everything turned out fine. And I was soooooo stressed it really did take away my strength. I just felt weak.

    Every morning I do take some spiritual time. It does help to appreciate what we have in our lives and to appreciate the new day.

    ReplyDelete