Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Welcome!

This is the first post of my new blog A Joyfull Heart, I want this blog to be full of things that bring joy to my and your heart. I am not much of a writer and I find it hard to express my feelings and emotions but I do know what gives me joy in my heart. I want to write and share the simple things in life that bring the most joy; a radiant smile, a beautiful sunset, a warm embrace, a hot chocolate on a cold day, the smell of rain, a beautiful poem, laughter with a friend, the smell of a baby, a helpful hand, you know what I mean.

I also want to share the joy in my heart of knowing a God that is all knowing, all powerful and a God that loves unconditionally and will never leave or forsake me. As I look back over my life it has not been smooth sailing and I don't think anybodies is but I can see God has been by my side teaching and moulding me to be more like him and even carrying me. I love the poem 'Footprints in the Sand" by Mary Stephenson you can read it here I hope this blog will encourage and inspire you and bring joy to your heart. Please leave a comment or share something that gives joy to your heart.


With joy Sue

2 comments:

  1. Learning to walk in joy is quite an accomplishment! We must be learning parallel lessons, or be on the same wave-length. After a few depressing weeks of watching my hubby deteriorate in health, I learned from another blogger that to find joy every day is a challenge. And so I made a promise to myself to find joy everyday. Life is a gift - to be treasured, not wasted.
    Namaste,
    Hugs
    I love your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy for visitng my new blog. My heart and prayers go out to you and for your hubby. To be surrounded with so much pain and grief is so overwhelming that trying to find any joy is sometimes beyond our own strength. There have been times where I did not have that strength so I would stand still where I was and close my eyes and listen to the sounds around me and sometimes I would hear the wind blowing in the trees, birds chirping or children playing or sometimes nothing but my own breath but I knew in my heart that God was real and he was watching over me and he was the joy in my heart.
    I pray that God will give you the strength and joy in your heart when you can do nothng but stand.

    Hugs to you dear friend
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete