Sunday, March 8, 2009

I will try again!

I think I have overcome my problem of doing links in my post, I would like to apologise for not having the link to Mary Stephenson's 'Foot Prints in the Sand' Poem. Just to make sure I have put it here for those who have not read it before.


Foot Prints in the Sand by Mary Stephenson


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,so I said to the Lord,

"You promised me, Lord, that if I followed You, You would walk with me always.
But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only
been one set of prints in the sand.
Why, When I have needed You most, You have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints is when I carried you."





1 comment:

  1. Footprints in the Sand is beautiful. I love it more and more every time I read it.

    ReplyDelete