Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What to do


Tell me do you have the same problem as I do. Your day starts early and you go to work, first you have a bit of travelling to do to get to work then your day starts. Your head is full of activity mainly of work but occasionally you think of what you could be doing at home or your thinking of what you have to do when you get home. The day goes fairly quickly and sometimes you have to bring work home to complete it. You run out to the shops to pick up a few things you have ran out of or need urgently and then you start your trip home.You get home and start on dinner and doing the evening chores, your mind is going a hundred miles an hour as you try to start to unwind, dinner is over and you finely get to flop on the lounge and you think wouldn't it be nice do some knitting or sewing and maybe make something for yourself or your family. You read all these blogs where woman are making lovely things and they are enjoying themselves yet you are too tired or hyped up to sit relaxed and do these things.

There is so much joy in creating something with your hands and then there is the love as you put the time and hours into it and give it to one of your love ones. Do you have a busy life like me and you want to use your hands to stitch, knit or sew something from the heart yet you can't find the time or the stillness in yourself to sit down and start. Maybe I might have to train myself to sit down in a special place or at a specific time and just relax and take deep breaths and quieten my heart and mind and start knitting or sew.
I used to sew and knit when my family was young and it was rewarding and fun but now I am in my grandma years I'd like to get started again. If you have any ideas of what helps you or could help me I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear me, I used to have a life like yours, but now I'm a retired grandma and time still flies! I did start a knitting project after dinner, but it took a year to complete. It was a baby blanket and the baby was 6 months when I finished it, so I donated it to charity.
    Good luck with your projects. You've made a start - the intention, the will to begin. It will come in good time.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Wendy for your words of encouragement. I know the right time will come:)

    ReplyDelete