Friday, March 6, 2009

Challenges

You know I really wanted to start this blog, yet I did not know what I was going to write about or what I wanted to accomplish. I suppose I just felt led by the Holy Spirit and to wait to see what unfolds. Like I said in my first post I was not in any way a confident writer and have only just felt confident with my other blog White Lilly. One thing I do know is that God touches my heart and I have learned to lean on him in many ways and he leads me to places I am sure I would never go myself. I have had many challenges and tragedies in my life and still do, my youngest daughter had to have spinal surgery, my mother after being diagnosed with breast cancer and going through chemo therapy and radiation therapy for 12 months died and my husband was hit with some virus that attacked his immune system and he ended up with a non-specific form of Arthritis which turned his life and mine upside down for about seven years. We had a court case where the solicitor would not contact us or return phone calls and did not appear in court at a crucial stage and we lost the case and were not aware of it until it was nearly too late We later found out that he had done this sort of thing before and was soon to be struck off the register. We also found out that is wife tried to murder him by stabbing him ten times. All this was going on while my husband was ill and we were selling our house and the another solicitor trying to rectify what the first solicitor had caused made an error on an affidavit which caused another lot of problems. We went to a third solicitor to sort it all out and get compensation and about two years later it came to an end so we moved out to the country to our promised land of peace and serenity.

In the midst of all that God had provided for us, because we sold our house and were waiting on compensation , a place to rent that was so beautiful it was 55 acres that overlooked mountains and valleys We were about a kilometre from the road down a dirt track and then it opened out to this view, the property had beautiful trails and an abundance of fruit trees and rose bushes. There were paddocks for our horses and sheep, the yard was secure for our dogs and our water was from a natural spring that got fed into our tank. With all the turmoil going on God had provide a safe haven for us to unwind and enjoy.

Psalms 32:7
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

1Thessalonians 5:16
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - you certainly have had your share of problems and challenges. I am happy you found your safe haven. It sounds like a wonderful, peaceful, delightful place to live.
    I hope dear hubby is o.k. now. Or will he be chronically in pain? I know first-hand what it's like to have a sick husband. To watch him suffer is beyond words.

    Not to make light of your mother and daughter's health issues. My parents are gone now. I still miss them, but my mother prepared us children well. She was practical and always said "one day I won't be here. It is the natural cycle of life". Or something to that effect.
    Love is all we have. To love deeply is to grieve deeply when our loved ones suffer.

    Enough of that - let's just look for the joy in our everyday life, and celebrate the Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy for your kind words. With our move further out to the country and the change in liftestyle my husband is a lot better. His hands a slightly crippled but he makes amazing furniture for our business. I believe there is joy everywhere we look and it is medicine for healing.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reaing your post here, my friend, and getting to know you a little better, too. You have had many challenges, haven't you? It seems to have changed your life in many good ways, though. Definetely changed the directions that your life was going. The daughter you mentioned..is she the one with the seizures? Is she doing better now?

    Hugs for you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Sometimes it is hard writing about your life but good to see what you have overcome. My youngest daughter Jess had a spinal fusion because her spine had slipped but she is coping really well and her life is busy with study and other things 18 year olds do. My eldest daugter Kylie had the seizures but is well and hasn't had anymore since. She has another appointment in two months with her doctor.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete